Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yuba River Experience

26 May 2007 – I took both dogs down to the river this afternoon, on leash, of course. I began walking out into the shallow area of the water and they willingly followed. Chloe is so short that she quickly reached the point where she had to swim. I could tell she was trying to get to someplace where she could stand again. I put her on a submerged rock that would allow her head and body to be out of the water. But then Jack was swimming and looking for solid ground too. There was room for both of them on the rock, but Jack was panicking and climbing on top of Chloe. I couldn’t deal with both dogs at the same time so I brought them back out and tied their leashes to the metal stairs. Then I went in by myself. Got wet all the way but did not swim much because Jack kept barking.

No comments: