Saturday, February 16, 2008

Crating The Dogs

18 November 2007 – Kent was down in southern California this week so I had to put the dogs in their crates every morning before I went to work. Chloe will go in quite willingly, but Jack is another story. When I put Chloe in the crate Jack used to go to the sliding glass door hoping I would just let him out. But I would go over and grab him by the collar, pull him to the crate, and shove him in. He got wise to this. So now, when I begin to put Chloe in, Jack will go in to the dining/kitchen area and hide. If I start towards that area via the entry hall, he will start heading for the piano area. So I go to the piano area and meet him and he just gives up and sits down, I then grab him by the collar, pull him to the crate, and shove him in. Poor Jack. He really hates that crate.

When I get home from work they are both dying to get out of the crates and eat. I let them both out, open the slider so they can run outside, then fill both of their bowls so they can eat. Jack will begin eating immediately. But this week there were 2 days when Chloe would not eat. She pranced around her bowl, but was not eating and she kept coming over to me. So I gave her a few moments of attention and love and that seemed to be what she wanted, because then she went to her bowl and ate.

Nutty dogs.

No comments: