9 December 2007 – The dogs could care les about the switch from daylight savings to regular time. They were used to being fed a 5:00 PM on the dot. But when daylight savings time ended their 5 PM became 4 PM, but we still feed them at 5 PM, which is actually their 6 PM. So they are not happy about being fed an hour late. At 4 PM they start doing the beagle “feed me” dance, but of course we wait until 5.
Well, today Kent was getting ready to leave the house at 5 PM to go do some home teaching. I had been laying down with the dogs and got up. They got up too and came in to the kitchen doing the beagle “feed me” dance. Kent realized what they wanted and grabbed the yellow tub we keep their food in. It was empty so he headed out to the garage to fill it up. They saw him grab it and got even more excited, knowing that food was coming SOON. But Kent came back from the garage empty handed. Both of the food buckets in the garage were empty too. The dogs were not amused. I explained to Kent what we needed to get and where to buy it and he left on an emergency dog food run. But while he was gone the dogs were not the least bit happy and expressed their displeasure to me. They both went to the front door, barking and looking for Kent. I had gone in to the bathroom and they came in there to bark at me and let me know I needed to do something about feeding them. I came back out to the dining room area and Jack started playing with a plastic bowl that is in here. They both kept running around the house, then going to the door to see if Kent was coming back in with their food, then running to me to see if I could do anything about it. FINALLY Kent came home with the food. As I write this the dogs are happily crunching away on their dog food.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment