In December of 2006 we became the owners of Jack Bauser the beagle. Jack is a 15" beagle but one of the larger 15" beagles I have seen. We were actually looking for a 13" beagle but when we met him we just couldn't resist those big brown eyes that were pleading, "Please take me home and make me part of your family. I promise to bring you many years of joy and lots of laughs!"
With one son away from home and unacquainted with Jack I decided to create The Jack Diaries to help him get to know this crazy beagle. Following are The Jack Diaries.
25 December 2006 - As we get to know Jack I figure I will share some of the funny stories with you.
The family we got Jack from told us he didn't like dog treats. They had purchased some and gave them to us in the bag of stuff we got with him. When we got home with him we tried offering him one. He took it, but then dropped it on the floor. Yesterday Bryce tried offering him some treats again. Jack took the treats and then went and put one under the piano bench, one by the antique sofa, and another behind the ceramic deer that I place under the Christmas tree every year. We decided to leave them there and see what happened. Later in the evening I heard Jack scratching and thought he was at the sliding glass door and wanted to go out. I went into the living room and realized he had been scratching at the deer. I moved it forward a few inches. Jack immediately retrieved his treat and ate it. I told Bryce what had happened. He checked Jack's other hiding places and all the treats were gone. I think he thinks he is the Easter Beagle and is supposed to hide treats. LOL
Last night I had sliced some bread for open-faced turkey sandwiches. I left the rest of the loaf on the cutting board. I was sitting at the computer when I heard a noise in the kitchen. I looked over to see what it was and did not see anything. I then stood up and ran into Jack sneaking out of the kitchen with the loaf of bread in his mouth! He is definitely a beagle.
The family we got Jack from told us he didn't like dog treats. They had purchased some and gave them to us in the bag of stuff we got with him. When we got home with him we tried offering him one. He took it, but then dropped it on the floor. Yesterday Bryce tried offering him some treats again. Jack took the treats and then went and put one under the piano bench, one by the antique sofa, and another behind the ceramic deer that I place under the Christmas tree every year. We decided to leave them there and see what happened. Later in the evening I heard Jack scratching and thought he was at the sliding glass door and wanted to go out. I went into the living room and realized he had been scratching at the deer. I moved it forward a few inches. Jack immediately retrieved his treat and ate it. I told Bryce what had happened. He checked Jack's other hiding places and all the treats were gone. I think he thinks he is the Easter Beagle and is supposed to hide treats. LOL
Last night I had sliced some bread for open-faced turkey sandwiches. I left the rest of the loaf on the cutting board. I was sitting at the computer when I heard a noise in the kitchen. I looked over to see what it was and did not see anything. I then stood up and ran into Jack sneaking out of the kitchen with the loaf of bread in his mouth! He is definitely a beagle.
No comments:
Post a Comment