Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pillow Play

10 October 2007 – When Bryce & Cole were little kids, Kent and I would play a game with them that they got a real kick out of. They would lie down on the bed or on the floor. Kent & I would then lie down near them and put our heads on their backs or stomachs and pretend they were our pillows. We would say things to each other like: “There’s something wrong with this pillow, it keeps moving. Pillow STOP moving!” OR “This pillow is talking and making too much noise. Pillow, STOP talking!” Whereupon the boys would burst into giggles over the silliness of it all. Well, this past week I woke up to find that my pillow was moving. Really! Miss Chloe had crawled under my pillow during the night and was now beginning to stir. It reminded me immediately of the old game we had enjoyed so much when the boys were little.

14 October 2007 – Miss Chloe did it again. This morning I got up to go to the bathroom. I came back and started to lie dawn and then immediately jumped up. Kent turned to me and asked “What’s wrong?” I said, “My pillow is moving.” As I had started to lay my head down on the pillow, it moved. So I got up and lifted up my pillow, and there, sandwiched between two pillows was Miss Chloe, curled up and sleeping soundly. I can’t figure out if she had been there all along, or if she moved there when I got up to go to the bathroom. She has a tendency to do that, you move and then she moves to be right next to you. Anyway, we moved her off the pillows and I was then able to lay down again and go back to sleep.

No comments: