Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stealing Food

14 Feb – Kent called me at work tonight to relate the latest Jack story. Kent heard noise in the kitchen and came in to investigate. He found Jack busy rearranging the cupboard where I store the Tupperware and foil, plastic bags, etc. Kent caught him taking off with a few lids in his mouth.

15 Feb – Bryce apparently brought home some cookies last night. He left them on the kitchen counter. This morning they were no where to be found. There was however a paper plate on the floor with a few bites taken out of it. I wonder where those cookies went.

I also brought cookies and cupcakes home last night and left them on the counter. This morning, Kent caught Jack with the box they were in. He was batting it around the kitchen floor. It was a left over Kentucky fried chicken box. I had placed left over goodies from our work pot luck dinner into the box. The lid then folds closed and the ends tuck back into the box. Good thing Jack does not have opposable digits or that box would have been opened in a flash. I’m sure that if Kent had not happened along when he did Jack would have just started chewing on the box and gotten to the contents in his own way.

No comments: