Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sleeping Issues

14 Jan 2007 - Jack has his time schedule backwards. He likes to cuddle with me in the morning and will stay in bed as long as I do, which is nice. But then he wants to be up when we are all ready for bed. Last night, Saturday, Bryce had been out late and I was up watching the Donald Sutherland remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." (Great movie!) So we were both going to bed late. Jack usually sleeps with Bryce but did not seem interested in staying in his room. So I took him into our room. Dad was already asleep. I got into bed, got Jack up on the bed, and then he immediately jumped down, went to the door and started scratching and whining. I try to ignore him and then I start thinking, what if he heard something? What if he has to pee? I do not want a replay of our previous beagle Gideon peeing on Mom incident. So I get up and let him out of the room and he goes to the sofa and jumps up on it and curls up to go to sleep. First off he is NOT to be on the sofa and second, there is no way I am leaving him out there to chew up anything he wants to. I am afraid he will start in on the sofa and destroy it. So I put his leash on, lead him back to the bed, get in and make him lie down. But he sits there shaking and whimpering, and if I start to fall asleep he tries to jump off the bed. So I was up until about 3 AM trying to settle him down. What's really weird is that if I am up late after work sitting at the computer he will come and sit next to me and actually stays there when I tell him to, but then there is this big fight over going to bed. It's wearing us down.

No comments: